As leading players in the information and data sector, Infopro Digital Services Limited and companies within its Group (“Infopro Digital” or “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”), the data controller is Infopro Digital Services Limited of Fifth Floor, 133 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BX.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Sean Hayes.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the data about you in a variety of circumstances, which we list below along with the legal basis on which we rely for validly collecting and/or processing the data in question:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites, and which may be amended from time to time (“our sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites or for attendance at our events, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
Legal basis: The information we collect is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations.
- Since we operate exclusively in the B-2-B sectors, we will not knowingly collect any personal data that identifies your contact details by reference to anything other than your employer and/or your business and applicable business email and postal addresses (“Business Data”). For the avoidance of doubt, we will not retain or process any personal information that we associate with non-business details such as private email addresses e.g. Yahoo, Gmail etc.
Legal basis: If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Legal basis: You will have given us your consent when you fill out the relevant survey.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Legal basis: The provision of your personal data for these activities is a contractual obligation. You are free to communicate your data or not, but in the absence of the requested data it will not be possible to finalise or execute the contract and your requests.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Legal basis: Our use of your data is necessary for our legitimate interest in ensuring that the service we provide to you is managed correctly.
- When you visit our sites, we may track your use of our sites by data enrichment and analytics tools to help us improve them and to market those products and services that are most relevant to you. This could include tracking data about how you came to the relevant site; the date and time of your visit; pages or subjects you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. Most of this data will not be connected to you as an individual. We sometimes use reputable third-party data enrichment providers such as Bombora, who obtain personal data about you from publicly available sources and from other third parties who share your personal data with your consent. They then match this information against our own customer records.
Legal Basis: Our use of your data is necessary for our legitimate interest in ensuring that the service we provide to you is managed correctly.
- IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
(a) Online submission of forms
Whenever you register for a purchase an online subscription, to any of our products or services we will collect certain personal data such as your name, your email address and other contact details. The same will apply if you:
- join online forums
- register to attend a conference or other event
- request a newsletter/bulletin
You may be asked during the course of your completion of the form if you are happy for Infopro to disclose that personal data to third parties, to which you are free to object.
- Performance cookies
These cookies record how you use a website, for example information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. All of this information is anonymous and won’t identify you. We use it only to better understand how our websites are performing and to assess where to make changes to improve the user experience.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, log-in details, language or the region you’re in) and tailor the website to provide you personalised features and content. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies
We use third party cookies on our sites to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. You may see these advertisements on our sites and on other sites that you visit. We use these cookies serve you adverts on our sites that we believe are more relevant to you. You may see these adverts both on our sites and on other sites you visit. We also enable some advertising partners to set cookies specifically to enable them to analyse advertising campaign performance.
Set out below are the main cookies in each of the above categories along with an indication as to how to opt out of the use of any of these cookies:
To help users detect cookies that might be installed on their computers, some websites such as YourOnlineChoices offer tools to list and set your cookies.
We provide some services by telephone and in doing so can collect personal data. When possible, the telephone contact is confirmed by sending a message allowing the person concerned to keep a written record of the conversation and to be able to exercise their rights at any time. We do not record telephone calls except to the extent that our journalists require a permanent record of a call for the purposes of news-gathering (provided this is consistent with our Editorial Code).
(d) From a third party
In the event that we obtain this personal data from a third party we will:
- enter into a contract with the applicable third party that complies with the requirements of GDPR;
- inform the individuals concerned of the transfer of their data to us, its source and the means by which they can exercise their rights under GDPR.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you (and permit certain third party contractors and sub-contractors to use that information) in the following ways, all of which enable us to market our products and services to you and to ensure that we are able to perform legal and contractual obligations:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To analyse how you use our services in order to enhance them and make them more relevant to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us e.g. ensuring that third party contractors fulfil orders you have made and you thereby receive the service you have previously requested.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and/or services similar to those in which you have previously expressed an interest.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please send an email to Sean Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
- We have put in place various security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information, which include, without limitation, firewalls, encryption and passwords.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Where we have your consent to do so;
- Where your information is supplied to the providers of analytics solutions services to enable us to use that information in accordance with paragraph 6 above;
- When the relevant third party is providing us personal information and we need to verify whether their data matches that which we hold;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Infopro Digital or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rights, to view our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Infopro Digital, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We retain your personal information for the minimum period necessary to make use of it in accordance with the provisions of this Policy. We do not usually retain any personal information for more than three years unless the information is stored on contractual, legal or financial documents that we need to retain for longer periods.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to Sean Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Sean Hayes at Infopro Digital, Fifth Floor, 133 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BX. We may make a small charge for this service.
- We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to Sean Hayes at email@example.com or send a letter to Sean Hayes at Infopro Digital, Fifth Floor, 133 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BX. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate. You may also complain by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or via its website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
 These comprise Infopro Digital Limited, Infopro Digital Holding (UK) Limited, Infopro Digital (Bidco) Limited, Infopro Digital Risk (IP) Limited and Infopro Digital Services Limited.
 All current member states of the EU plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.